SDC CKS.AI RADIO

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Julian Taylor

FATdrop digital music services promo
promo packshot
Artist: Julian Taylor
Title: The Ridge
Genre(s): Folk / Americana / Acoustic
Label: Howling Turtle Inc

"Lyrically, brilliantly ‘The Ridge’ exudes innocence."
~ American Songwriter

"...a fine record...In these times, we could use a little heart and soul, and Julian Taylor's latest is all heart and soul. Warm wrap-around-you sounds with that velvety voice. A very beautiful record."
~ Jim Cuddy of Blue Rodeo

"...beautifully recorded, performed, and sung, but the real triumph is the raw honesty at the heart of these stories."
~ Rhett Miller“

My grandparents used to live in Maple Ridge, British Columbia, on a beautiful piece of farmland surrounded by the Golden Ears Provincial Park, as well as the Fraser and Alouette Rivers. When I close my eyes and think of my happy place, that is where my mind takes me.

I wrote “The Ridge” to contemplate what life was like back in my grandparents’ day and what life is like now. My grandfather was Mohawk and my step-grandmother cared for me like her own. She was quite brave to take that on because there was a lot of prejudice back then, which still exists today. This song is my way of pointing out the importance of innocence in a world that is divided.

The Ridge
written by Julian Taylor

Vocals and Guitar- Julian Taylor
Drums - Gene Diabo
Bass - Barry Diabo
Piano - Derek Downham
Fiddle - Miranda Mulholland
Pedal Steel - Burke Carroll
Percussion - Saam Hashemi
Backing Vocals - Dala
Produced by Julian Taylor & Saam Hashemi
Mixed by Saam Hashemi
Mastered by Noah Mintz

https://juliantaylormusic.ca/


"Goodness this hits as the real deal! I appreciate the timeless style. Honestly it feels like something Willie Nelson could have written. There’s an authenticity to it that really wins the day.”
~ Ears To The Ground

"...comforting... precise, thoughtful wordplay... These songs were dug for. One of the standouts is the timbre of Julian’s voice. At times reminiscent of Neil Diamond, the title track presents a haunting incarnation of the late Willie Dunn. The songs are delivered honestly, and it presents itself as an easy keep amongst today’s Americana."
~ William Prince (Canadian Singer-Songwriter)

"...refreshing... To see an artist unapologetically be themselves is exciting, and I can't wait for him to share this body of work."
~ AHI (Canadian Singer-Songwriter)

"With this single, Julian Taylor continues to go from strength to strength with his musical creativity. Once again he demonstrates his natural ability to construct and convey beautiful messages through the power of song, to provoke thoughts and rediscover fond memories, and to genuinely touch souls" ~ Great Dark Wonder

No comments:

Post a Comment